We are living in a modern world. We live on a single planet, but the cultures and lifestyles are different in every second country. Not only that, over the past few decades, the lifestyle of humans has been changed to a great extent.
To cope with the modern world, our sources of entertainment have been changed too. Now we have bars and discos around every corner of our cities. Again, with the empowerment of women, the distance between the opposite gender is lessened. Nowadays, men and women work together shoulder to shoulder, pass the time together, eat, drink, and dance together, have fun together.
Now, it is the responsibility of our law enforcement authorities to keep all things under control. Because with this ever-changing modern world, new forms of crime have emerged. Here in this article, we will talk about a modern form of rape. Do you ever wonder, somebody could rape you drunk taken advantage of?
What should you do if you were drunk and taken advantage of? Yes, there are laws regarding being drunk and having sex with your partner. Well, these things are worth knowing. Proper knowledge might keep you away from committing a felony rape, and at the same time save you from being taken advantage of. Let’s begin the discussion below.
‘Drunk taken advantage’ refers to a situation where someone is harmed by any kind of sexual assault while he or she was drunk and incapacitated. This is a serious crime. If you fall victim to something like this, report immediately to the police against the crime.
If you are used to drinking, you might know that when someone is drunk, he or she loses consciousness and eventually pass out. This is what is becoming incapacitated. In this state, one loses his or her ability to judge and later forgets partially or completely about what was happened. Learn About: Signs That You Are Never Getting Married
A criminal, who is maybe his or her close friend, colleague, or acquaintance could take advantage of this condition and rape. For this reason, alcohol is considered to be a rape drug. In this situation, the one who is to blame is only the perpetrator, no matter how drunk or incapacitated the victim was.
What Should You Do If You Were Drunk Taken Advantage Of?
If you feel that you were drunk taken advantage of, seek help immediately. Maybe you are a victim of sexual assault. You can call the National Sexual Assault Hotline and seek help. Report the crime at the local police station. And certainly, consult with a lawman to know the laws of your state in this regard.
Never feel that you are alone. There are some things that you might know about drunk and sexual consent. We will discuss it right below so that you can get a clear knowledge of what is having sex and what is rape while being under the influence of alcohol and/or other drugs.
What Is Sexual Consent?
Sexual consent means voluntary agreement on any kind of sexual activity in which someone is involved. It is also known as consensual sexual activity, where the involved persons are well aware and agreeing on what they are doing, without being forced. Sexual Consent is an important term.
Because, if a person is drunk and incapacitated, he or she cannot give sexual consent. We can set an example so that you can understand it better. Suppose you are with someone drinking alcohol, you don’t know yet if you are having sex or not that night.
Know About: Dating For 3 Months But Not Official
Now, if one of you becomes drunk and incapacitated without giving sexual consent, you cannot have sex. In this situation, if you have sex being unconscious, it can be considered rape. So, you need sexual consent before becoming drunk. So, sexual consent is the difference between sex and rape. This is so sensitive a term that we feel the need to elaborate it further. Check it out below.
Facts of Sexual Consent
There are some facts we must know about sexual consent.
- Clear Affirmation: Getting Consent means getting unambiguous affirmation. Please note that saying nothing or the absence of ‘no’ does not mean that consent is given.
- Mutual Understanding: Sexual Consent is all about mutual understanding and respect. If the two persons have a mutual understanding of what they are doing, then nothing could go wrong. They would have successful sex without complaining of any sexual assault.
- Alcohol Effect: Alcohol has a huge impact on sexual consent. You cannot get clear consent if your partner is already drunk. So, do not approach.
- Ask for Consent being Romantic: You must not assume that you have got consent by the partner’s body language. Asking for consent is the safest way to go if you two are drinking alcohol. Asking for consent does not mean that you are becoming unromantic. It is a way of being attractive and enthusiastic.
- Specific Consent is Necessary: If a person allows you to kiss, it does not mean that you can make out with that person. Or, if you previously had sexual intercourse with a person, it does not allow you to do it again without consent.
Understand About: Is He Asking Me Out Indirectly?
Alcohol And Consent
Sexual Consent becomes much more complex and necessary if alcohol is involved. Because malicious persons use alcohol as a weapon of sexual assault. When someone is drunken, they lose consciousness. Malicious persons take advantage of this situation.
Now it is clear that having sex with someone who is drunk or doing any form of sexual activity without having consent is pure illegal according to the law. Though the law can vary from state to state. So, it is better if you check with the laws of the state, you are living in. We recommend you always play safe in these situations.
New Form Of Sexual Assault
Here in this part, we will talk about a survey carried out by the GDS, Global Drugs Survey. It is the world’s largest survey department about drugs. They ran this survey about alcohol and sexual assault. The survey result is terrifying. It takes the understating of rape to a whole new level.
This survey helps us to understand how women are being raped or at least sexually exploited, and how easily the criminals are getting away without any punishment. Take a close look at the results of the survey below.
- GDS surveys on more than 100k people. They ask about their getting drunk and taken advantage of. Surprisingly, almost one-third of the women said that they were taken advantage of while they were drunk. This sexual assault includes unwanted kisses, touches, or making out.
- In most of these cases, they were with someone they knew. They were either close friends, colleagues, or acquaintances. The crime occurred mostly in private homes.
- Among the cases, almost 90% times, the victims were drunk with alcohol.
- But the terrifying and surprising fact is that almost none of the victims went to the police reporting a crime.
- Almost half of the victims think that the incident was partially their fault. As they were drunk.
This survey is a strong warning for everyone. Now we know that our very known friends can take advantage of our drunken condition, which is a serious crime. More terribly, we don’t even understand that it is a crime. The effect of Alcohol is enormous.
So, it is imperative not to get drunk in a private place with someone you do not want to sleep with. Or if someone tries to touch you while drinking, make yourself very clear. Or, that person could try to get more closer once you were drunk and incapacitated, even though it is a serious crime. Alcohol can drive you out of control as well. So, get clear sexual consent firsthand before you and your company get drunk.
Let The Center For Family Justice Become Your Lifeline
If you are a family that is facing a difficult and challenging situation, The Center for Family Justice may be the right organization for you. The Center provides free and confidential legal services to families throughout the state of California.
The Center’s philosophy is based on the premise that every family has the right to a fair and just resolution to their disputes. The lawyers at The Center believe that every family has the potential to resolve their disputes in a positive and productive way.
The lawyers at The Center are experienced in family law, child custody, child support, spousal support, prenuptial agreements, restraining orders, and more. They will work diligently to help you find a resolution that is appropriate for your particular situation.
If you are facing a difficult family situation, don’t hesitate to contact The Center for Family Justice. They may be able to provide you with the help you need to get through this difficult time.
Third Of Women ‘taken Advantage Of Sexually’ While Drunk
According to a recent report, third of women have been sexually taken advantage of while drunk. This figure has been on the rise in recent years, and it’s no wonder why: when you’re impaired by alcohol, your judgement is impaired as well. This makes you more likely to do things that you might not ordinarily do – and that includes sexual activities.
If you find yourself in a situation where someone is taking advantage of you sexually, don’t hesitate to speak up. You may be scared or embarrassed, but it’s important that you take action and get help. There are plenty of resources available to help you deal with this type of situation, and I’m confident that you’ll be able to get through it safely and with dignity intact.
Summary Of Research Regarding Alcohol’s Role In College Sexual Assaults
There is a great deal of research being conducted on the role that alcohol plays in college sexual assaults. Most of the research suggests that alcohol plays a role in increasing the likelihood of such assaults occurring. While it is still not clear precisely how alcohol contributes to these assaults, it seems likely that it does so in at least some way.
While it is important to be aware of the research on this topic, it is also important to keep in mind that the vast majority of college sexual assault victims do not drink alcohol. In fact, only about 2% of all college sexual assaults involve alcohol consumption by either party involved. Thus, it is important not to over-generalize the findings of the research or to use them as justification for behaviors that are clearly wrong and harmful.
Alcohol, Blackouts, and Campus Sexual Assault
When it comes to alcohol and campus sexual assault, there is a lot of confusion and myths out there. Here are three important things that everyone should know:
- Alcohol does not cause sexual assault – This is a common misconception that is unfortunately perpetuated by society. In fact, alcohol consumption does not increase the likelihood of a sexual assault happening. In fact, studies have found that the majority of sexual assaults are committed by people who are known to the victim – this includes both friends and family members.
- Alcohol blackouts don’t happen – Contrary to popular belief, blackouts do not happen when someone drinks too much alcohol. Blackouts are actually caused by drinking too much and losing consciousness due to anemia, dehydration, or a combination of the two. They can also be caused by taking drugs that lower your inhibitions, such as Rohypnol (roofies).
- Campus sexual assault doesn’t happen only at night – Although most campus sexual assaults take place at night, they can happen during the day as well. In fact, one in five college sexual assaults happens during the daytime! The most common time for these assaults to occur is between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., which is when students are typically busiest on campus.
Sexual Harassment Prevention and Protection Strategies
Sexual harassment prevention and protection strategies are important for everyone, regardless of whether you are the victim or the perpetrator. Here are some tips to help keep you safe:
- Don’t be afraid to speak up – If you experience sexual harassment, don’t be afraid to speak up. It’s important to know that you have the right to report any incidents of sexual harassment, no matter who is involved. You can also seek legal advice if necessary.
- Be aware of your surroundings – Keep your eyes and ears open at all times, and be aware of your surroundings. This will help you avoid being surrounded by people who might want to sexually harass you.
- Stay calm – If something does happen, try to remain calm and keep your thoughts clear. Remember that you don’t have to put up with sexual harassment – there are plenty of options available to you if you need them.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs – Both alcohol and drugs can make you less responsive to situations that might be harmful or uncomfortable. If something does happen, sobering up as quickly as possible will help protect your dignity and safety.
If you ever experience sexual harassment, it is important to know that you have options – whether it’s reporting the incident or seeking professional help. Thank you for reading this article and taking the time to consider these strategies for sexual harassment prevention and protection!
The Bottom Lines
Sexual Consent is a very necessary thing before you involve in any kind of sexual activity. Voluntary and consensual sexual activity is needed to avoid sexual assault. Involving in sexual activity without getting consent is a serious crime. If you are drunk taken advantage of, you are a victim of sexual assault.
Report the crime to the police station and seek justice immediately. Try to get more and more situational awareness. It is only you who can keep you safe from going to dangerous places. Keep your eyes open and stay safe.
It’s no secret that alcohol can impair our judgment, and that’s often how drunk people end up taking advantage of others. In this blog, we’re going to discuss the concept of consent in detail, and how alcohol can affect it.
By the end of this article, you’ll be better equipped to recognize if someone is too drunk to give consent, and what you can do if that happens to you. It’s important to remember that consent is not a one-time deal. It needs to be given every time you engage in sexual activity, regardless
1. What is Sexual Violence?
Ans. Sexual violence is any unwanted sexual act or contact, including rape, sexual assault, and other forms of sexual harassment. Sexual violence can take many different forms, from physical assault to sexual coercion. It can happen to anyone – regardless of age, race, religion, or gender.
Sexual violence is often committed by people known to the victim – such as friends, family members, or romantic partners. It can also be committed by people the victim doesn’t know or expects.
There are many ways to help victims of sexual violence – from calling 911 to getting involved with activism and victim support groups. The most important thing you can do is listen to and support your fellow survivors. You’re not alone – and together we can fight against this heinous crime!
2. Have You Been Sexually Assaulted?
Yes, I have been sexually assaulted. What does that mean for me?
Sexual assault can occur in a variety of ways, and it doesn’t always involve someone forcing themselves on you. It can also involve someone who you know and trust trying to coerce or pressure you into sexual activity that you don’t want to participate in. Regardless of the specifics, any sexual assault is traumatic and should be taken seriously.
If you have been sexually assaulted, there are a few things that you should do:
- Seek professional help – Sexual assault is a serious matter, and it deserves the attention of a professional. A therapist or counselor can help you deal with the trauma and healing process.
- Talk about it – If you don’t feel comfortable talking about it initially, that’s okay. Eventually, you may want to share your story with family and friends, but don’t do it until you’re ready. You deserve to be in control of when and how much information is shared about your experience.
- Remember that you are not alone – It’s common to feel isolated after an assault, but that doesn’t mean that you are alone. There are resources available to help you cope with the trauma, including support groups or hotlines. Talk to someone about what has happened, and remember that you are not responsible for the actions of your assailant – no one deserves to be raped or assaulted.
3. How Can You Help a Victim?
There are a number of ways that you can help a victim, depending on their specific needs. Here are a few examples:
- Offer emotional support – One of the key things that victims need is emotional support. If you’re able to be there for them during this time, it will be immensely helpful.
- Give financial assistance – Sometimes, financial assistance is the best way to help a victim get through a difficult situation. Whether it’s helping them cover bills or buying them groceries, being financially supportive can make a huge difference.
- Connect them with resources – If you know of any resources or services that can help a victim, be sure to offer them to them. This could include counseling services, legal advice, or anything else that might be relevant.
- Volunteer your time – If you’re able to take some time out of your day to volunteer your time to help a victim, that would be greatly appreciated! Not only will this make you feel good about yourself, but it will also give the victim some much-needed support and kindness in this tough time.
4. How Can You Tell if Another Person Is Currently Black Out Drunk?
It can be difficult to determine if someone is currently black out drunk, as their level of intoxication can vary greatly. However, there are some general signs that may suggest someone is inebriated:
- They may have difficulty walking or standing
- They may exhibit slurred speech
- They may be confused or incoherent
- They may be sniffing or rubbing their nose frequently
- They may have red or bloodshot eyes
- They may have a strong odor of alcohol
5. What Do You Think About Polish People?
I enjoy getting to know new people, and I’m always open to new experiences. So, I can’t say that I have any particular opinion about Polish people as a whole. That said, I have met a few Poles in my life, and they have all been very friendly and polite. I’m sure there are some negative aspects to living in Poland (just like there are to any other country), but on the whole, I think it’s a great place to call home.