You are hanging out with your dream girl for a couple of weeks. You think she has feelings for you too. Then you asked her out, but she declined your proposal and wanted the friendship only. And you are going mad with the paradox you are in. So, what to do when she likes you but only wants to be friends?
Why would she only want to be friends when she has feelings for you? Well, there might be a couple of reasons behind this behavior. Such as-
- Too soon for her
- Any past trauma
- Other restrictions from her side.
- She doesn’t have feelings for you
- Or she is just playing around with you.
Now I will dive deeper into the reasons and how to handle the situation without losing much.
What To Do When She Likes You But Only Wants To Be Friends? Explained
When She Likes You but Doesn’t Want a Relationship
When She Likes You but Doesn’t Want a Relationship – sometimes it can be really hard to know how to interpret the signs that someone likes you. In some cases, these signs might just be subtle, and it can be difficult to understand what the person is trying to tell you. However, there are some general signs that will help you to get a better idea of what’s going on.
One of the most important things to remember is that when someone likes you, they are usually willing to express their feelings in some way. This might involve saying something positive about you, being kind and caring towards you, or even initiating contact with you. If someone doesn’t want anything serious or romantic developing between you two, they will likely stay away from you altogether.
In general, if someone consistently tries to dodge your advances or is acting very distant, there is probably something wrong and you should probably move on.
How Do You Know Which Girl Likes You?
This is a difficult question to answer, as there is no foolproof way to determine whether or not a girl likes you. Some things that might help you determine whether or not a girl is interested in you are:
- She pays more attention to you than she does to her friends.
- She seems nervous or uncomfortable around you.
- She has been avoiding you or responding to you less than she usually does.
- She has been sending mixed signals.
There Are 41 Signs To Know If She Likes You
There are 41 signs to know if she likes you, according to TheKinetics.com. This list is based on research done by Dr. Helen Fisher and her team at Rutgers University. The Kinetics also offers a quiz to help you determine if the person you like is interested in you back.
Some of the signs that the person you like likes you include:
- They initiate conversations more often than not
- They are more relaxed and comfortable around you
- They express interest in your life and hobbies more often
- They ask about your day more often
- Their conversation seems more spontaneous and natural
- They share personal information more freely with you
- They seem to be happier when they’re around you
She Isn’t Prepared
The girl you like may be a bit serious type. Some girls have a different plan for their relationship and marriage. Maybe entering into a relationship is similar to marriage in her perspective. This kind of girl tends to take every milestone in their life seriously.
So it’s very typical she has developed feelings for you but doesn’t want to get involved in a romantic relationship.
What Should You Do?
You should earn her trust first, and forcing her will damage the situation. If she wants to take time and think, give her space. She may like you, and that’s why she wants to be with you forever. Relationships can be a lot for her, so keep it casual.
You may be already in a relationship with her. Just don’t try to label it.
Past Trauma She Cannot Forget
If your girl has come out of a toxic, abusive relationship, it will take several months or even a year to forget that. She is afraid of hurting herself again. Or she doesn’t even trust boys anymore.
Bad things may happen in her past, which is haunting her. In this case, you shouldn’t rush or force her. Things will become much easier after you have gained her trust.
What Should You Do?
Never force her to be with you. An abusive relationship isn’t easy for her. It will take some time to fill up that hollow space. Try to keep in contact with her and do nothing.
Academic or Parental Restriction
Is your friend a student? Girls have ambitions that are very dear and near to them. Entering a relationship can disturb her study, or at least what she thinks. She may have exams or any dream university she wants to join.
Another restriction can be from her parents. Parents often prohibit their children from relationships. And most of the girl has strict parents. So it’s very normal for her to hesitate to be your girlfriend, despite having feelings for you.
What Should You Do?
If the problem is academic and she has exams, don’t disturb her. Respect her ambition and support her in everything. As she already has feelings for you, it wouldn’t take long she would be your girlfriend.
What if the issue is with her parents? Don’t worry, and you can convince her. If she genuinely likes you, you can assure her of her parents. Parents don’t want their children to be hurt in any way. That’s why they prohibit us from a relationship. If you are brave enough, you can even talk to her parents.
Physical Or Mental Insecurities
This one is awful for her. She might be thinking her insecurities will ruin your relationship. So she avoids being your girlfriend altogether.
Social media, especially the Instagram model, has shown us their pretty faces and bodies; many girls think guys will not like them for who they are. Not all girl has slim figures and fashion sense. This makes the girl refrain from getting together with the person she likes.
There are also mental insecurities, like inferiority complex or superiority complex. The girl has no control over them, and these insecurities make them think they are either shallow standard compared to you. Or your bar doesn’t match with their boyfriend criteria.
What Should You Do?
Ask her if the problem is with her insecurities. You can take her to a counselor or therapist.
She Has No Romantic Feelings For You
Yes, I know you are here because you think she has feelings for you. But are you sure about it? We don’t have any magical power to see the internal thoughts of another person.
She may have given subtle hints unknowingly. She offers to hang out or spends her time with you. She may even support you with everything. But if you look at this closely, this is the characteristic of a good friend.
Maybe she thinks of you as her good friend or best friend. Hence, she declines your romantic proposal because she wants friendship and not a romantic relationship.
What Should You Do?
Consider re-evaluating why you think she has feelings for you. The hints you thought of as romantic maybe she gave them as a friend. If your feeling is so strong that you cannot handle the friendship in a neutral tone, end the company.
She Is Only Playing Games
As evil as it sounds, but there is a high chance she is using you as her puppets. She likes the attention and time you are spending on her. But she doesn’t want to be your girlfriend.
She hates to be committed to you. She will throw you out if she finds a better one than you. But she doesn’t want to be lonely now. Everyone likes attention, and she too, like how you beg for her.
What Should You Do?
It would be best if you asked her straight to the point. Does she love you? If yes, then why not be your girlfriend? She cannot act like your girlfriend and, then again, refuse to be one.
Asking her through any social media would be a wrong decision. You can meet in a quiet restaurant, face to face, and then ask her the questions. The chances of getting accurate answers are high.
If she doesn’t reply or avoids the questions, it’s high time you should leave her. Do you think what matters most to you, your self-respect or the girl? She may leave you after finding the better one.
Dangling in between two different systems is hard. If you want her to be your girlfriend, straight up ask her. There is no other method than asking the question. You will get a better result. You may try to solve the problems. If the problem is out of your hand, like she doesn’t have feelings or is playing around, leave her for good.
What to Do When a Work Friendship Becomes Emotionally Draining?
When you start working closely with someone, it’s natural to form a bond that is based on mutual respect and trust. However, as the work friendship evolves, it can often become emotionally draining. Here are some tips to help you when this happens:
- Set boundaries – It’s important to set boundaries with your work friend. Make sure you are both aware of where the line is and stick to it. If one of you crosses the line, take action – either by ending the friendship or by dealing with the issue privately.
- Seek help – If the emotional drain is becoming too much, it might be time to seek professional help. A therapist or counselor can help you work through your issues and establish healthy boundaries again.
- Remember that change is always necessary – As work friendships evolve, there may be times when one of you decides to change things up. This can be a difficult process for both parties, but it’s important to remember that change is necessary for growth and development. Just be patient and communicate well during this time!
I hope now you understand what to do when she likes you but only wants to be friends and how to handle the situation perfectly. It can be tough when the person we like interests us, but doesn’t want more than just a casual relationship. What do we do? How do we make her understand that we’re interested in more than just friends? This is a question that is often on the minds of many people, and it’s one that can be difficult to answer.
Some people try to make their crush feel comfortable by revealing their feelings gradually, while others go all in and make a move. Whichever route you choose, make sure you stay consistent with your intentions and don’t back down in the face of any resistance. And lastly, if all else fails? Just remember that friends with benefits can still be pretty awesome!
1. What Can I Do To Prevent This In The Future?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to prevent this from happening in the future depends on your specific situation. However, some general tips that may help include:
- Always use a password manager – This is one of the most important things you can do to protect your online security. A password manager stores all of your passwords in one place, so you only need to remember one password instead of dozens.
- Use 2-factor authentication – This is another great way to help protect your online security. 2-factor authentication requires you to enter two pieces of information (one from your login account and another from your phone) in order to access your account.
- encrypt your data – If you want to be really safe, consider encrypting your data with a password or a secure key. This will ensure that even if someone were to get hold of your files, they would not be able to understand or use them.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security patches – As technology advances, so too does cybercrime. Make sure you are regularly updating your security software so that you are protected from the latest threats.
Hopefully, these tips will help you stay safe and prevent any future incidents from happening!
2. Should You Stay Friends With Someone You Have Feelings For?
This is a question that has often been pondered by both humans and animals alike. In general, it’s a good idea to stay friends with someone you have feelings for, although it may be harder than it seems at first. Here are some reasons why:
- It can be hard to act on your feelings – It can be hard to tell someone you love them when the fear of rejection is constantly hanging over your head. Staying friends will give you the opportunity to express your feelings in a safe environment, and gradually work on building a stronger relationship.
- It may be easier to get over someone if you stay friends – If you breakup with someone you’re still friends with, it may be easier than if you break up and don’t remain friends. This is because you won’t have any emotional baggage attached to the situation, which will make it easier for you to move on.
- You may learn more about them – If you stay friends with someone, chances are that you’ll learn more about their past and current life than if you break up. This can help to build a stronger foundation for future relationships, as well as provide valuable insights into their personality.
So, in general, staying friends with someone you have feelings for is a good idea – but it may take some time and effort to get there. Good luck!
3. Why Does She Keep Me Around If She Doesn’t Want A Relationship?
There could be a few reasons why your girlfriend is still around despite indicating that she doesn’t want a relationship. Maybe she’s not sure if she wants one yet or maybe she just needs some time to figure things out. In any case, it’s important to be understanding and respectful of her feelings, no matter how difficult it may be. Here are some tips for dealing with this situation:
- Show your support – One of the best ways to support your girlfriend is by being there for her. Make sure to listen to what she has to say and offer your support in any way that you can. Sometimes all she needs is someone who will understand and support her.
- Stay positive – No matter how frustrating or difficult the situation may be, don’t let yourself get down on yourself. Be grateful for the time you do have together and try to stay positive. This will help you both feel better about the situation overall.
- Don’t force anything – If your girlfriend doesn’t want a relationship, don’t try to force her into one against her will. This will only make the situation worse and cause more damage than good. Let her know how you feel and respect her decision, even if it’s difficult for you.
4. What Does It Mean When A Girl Says She Just Wants To Be Friends?
When a girl says she just wants to be friends, she may actually mean that she doesn’t want anything more than that at this point. Sometimes girls just want some time to figure out what they want (or don’t want) in a relationship. Be understanding and give her the space she needs.
When a girl says she just wants to be friends, she may actually mean that she’s not interested in anything more than that at this point in time. She may also mean that she’s not interested in developing a relationship with you and would like to keep things casual.
5. She Likes Me But Doesn’t Want A Relationship?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to deal with a situation like this is to consult with a therapist or counselor who can help you work through your feelings and figure out the best course of action. However, some general tips that may be helpful include:
- Talk to her about your feelings – It’s important that you open up to her about your concerns and feelings. If she isn’t receptive or doesn’t seem interested in talking, that may be a sign that she’s not interested in a relationship either.
- Be understanding – Don’t get angry or frustrated – both of which will only make the situation worse. Instead, try to understand her position and why she feels the way she does. Try to empathize with her, and let her know that you care about her well-being.
- Let go of expectations – It’s important not to put any pressure on either of you and just let things take their natural course. If things don’t go as planned, don’t get attached to the idea of things working out in your favor – they probably won’t!
If you’re still struggling after trying these tips, feel free to reach out for help. We’re here to help!
I’m a writer and blogger who loves to talk about entertainment, culture, and relationships. I love to share my thoughts and insights on these topics, and I’m always looking for new ways to engage with my readers. I’m also a big fan of learning new things, so I’m always exploring new areas of interest.